Baseball star Alex Rodriguez’s Miami mansion was listed for sale in August 2012, at a price of $38 million. In the months prior to the listing, the Miami real estate market saw a boom, as a large number of buyers from around the world showed interest in capturing a chunk of the Miami real estate pie. Of all the Miami locations, Miami Beach has been deemed the most lucrative, and standing there on a piece of plum property is Alexander Rodriguez’s impressive mega-mansion.
Features of Alex Rodriguez’s Miami Beach Mansion
Popularly known as A-Rod, this beautiful piece of real estate in the tropical paradise of Miami is a billionaire’s dream. It boasts of uninterrupted, panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Miami Skyline and the sunny beach. Alex Rodriguez (New York Yankees star baseball player) had purchased this modern Miami mansion in 2010, for around $24 million. With the listed sale price of $38 million, this baseball all-time-great stands to make a huge profit.
Alex Rodriguez’s Miami Beach property is situated on North Bay Road, in Miami Beach, Florida. It consists of a two-storey modern mansion built upon an acre of lush green grounds, which is walled and gated to prevent people from peeking. Some features of this Miami estate are:
- Water frontage comprising 275 feet, together with two docks.
- Elegant spaces of more than 20,000 square feet, surrounded by 12 inch thick walls of high-impact glass.
- Nine luxuriously decorated bedrooms, together with 11 full bathrooms, and two partial baths. A guest house and staff quarters.
- A master suite spread across 2,200 square feet. This master suite also has its own sitting area, an atrium, huge closets and his/her bathrooms.
- A rooftop deck on the roof of the A-Rod Miami mansion.
- A sports room measuring 3,000 square feet, with a batting cage for baseball practice.
- A home theatre, a fitness centre, and a spa and steam room.
- A commercial-size elevator, Creston lighting and a full-home generator for power backup.
- An outdoor kitchen area.
Alex Rodriguez's Baseball Cage in his Miami House
Other celebrities having mansions and property in the Miami Beach area are Anna Kournikova, Shaquille O’Neal, Sean P. Diddy and Gloria Estefan.
Read about other celebrity homes listed for sale: