Situated on ‘Billionaire Row’ on the ultra-elite The Bishops Avenue in Hampstead in London, Heath Hall has been valued as the most expensive home in Britain. Erected for a sugar magnate in 1910, Heath Hall has been listed by a real estate agency for a stupendous $158 million. That’s not all. Even the real estate agent’s listing brochure is very expensive. In fact, it costs a huge $3,200.
Exterior of Heath Hall Mansion
Being one of the foremost power centres of Europe for more than 2,000 years, London has a range of famous buildings, historic landmarks and luxury billionaire mansions. Over the years, many of these luxury British mansions have been listed by real estate agencies for prices that go higher than $150 million. This includes the Kensington Palace Gardens, and the luxury terrace house in Belgravia.
Features of Heath Hall
Heath Hall is a grand and bizarre home, which was originally built for William Park Lyle, who owned Tate and Lyle, in about 1910. It was taken over by the Bank of China in the mid-50s, and fell into disrepair as it was hardly used.
Interior of Heath Hall Mansion
About half a century later in 2006, Heath Hall was purchased by The Ability Group, owned by real estate property magnate Andreas Panayiotou. This group worked to transform the decrepit mansion into one of the grandest properties in London. Some points to note about the mansion are:
- Heath Hall is spread over an area of 40,000 square feet.
- It has three-stories.
- The bathrooms at Heath Hall have 12 types of fine Italian marble and seven types of wood, which were exclusively made in Italy and imported to Britain.
- The luxurious mansion includes a home cinema, a library, a posh steam room with sauna, a wine cellar, and a fitness centre (gym).
- The Heath Hall is set amidst 2.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens.
The Ability Group led by Andreas Panayiotou spent around $63 million to renovate Heath Hall, and increase its property value. For this gigantic task, the real estate agency employed a team of 120 tradesmen who were trained in renovating old buildings.
Italian Marble Bathroom at Heath Hall Mansion
They also added a further 8,000 square feet to the luxury mansion’s already existing 19,000 square feet, making the Heath Hall one of the largest private properties in the London area.
What would it be like to live in such a luxurious mansion? If you were a billionaire, would you consider buying this place?
- Alex Rodriguez's Miami Beach Home
- John Lennon's Hollywood Hills Home in California
- Aby Rosen's Manhattan Townhouse
- Gianni Versace’s Casa Casuarina in Miami
- Castillo Caribe Mansion - Cayman Islands
- Other Luxurious Homes and Properties