Sheikha Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani from Qatar is one of the most powerful women among art collectors, and has one of the biggest art collections in the world. She mainly collects contemporary art pieces.
Sheikha Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani
Paul Cezanne's 'The Card Players' painting
The impressive art collection of Sheikha Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani includes:
- Paul Cezanne’s ‘The Card Players’, which was painted in 1895. This painting was purchased in a private sale for the record price of $250 million, which is the highest price ever paid for a single piece of art.
- Eleven Rothko paintings from J. Ezra Merkin’s art collection.
- Art made by Jeff Koons and Lichtenstein.
- The ‘White Center (Yellow, Pink and Lavender on Rose)' abstract painting by Mark Rothko, valued at $72.8 million. This painting was sold by David Rockefeller, and is also known as the Rockfeller painting.
- Andy Warhol’s painting called the ‘The Men in Her Life’, valued at $63.4 million.
Mark Rothco's 'The White Center' abstract painting
Her Excellency Sheikha Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani also chairs the Qatar Museums Authority Board of Trustees, and works towards building the State of Qatar into one of the leading art and cultural regions in the Middle Eastern region.
Other Famous Art Collectors:
- Carlos Slim Helu
- Francois Pinault
- Dmitry Marvommatis
- Philip Niarchos
- Ronald S.Lauder
- Pierre Chen
- Eli and Edythe Broad
- Steven A.Cohen
- Leon Black